Posts Tagged ‘shelving doors’
An Easy Way to Secure Your Storage
With businesses growing and information storage becoming more complex, security is a bigger concern than ever. You’re likely storing items and files you want to keep secure on your shelving, and expensive security systems may not be in your budget. Automatic locking doors are a simple solution that mount directly onto your new or pre-existing shelves to cost-effectively increase security. Additionally, the doors are available with multiple operation options depending on your needs.
Automatic locking doors can be installed with a remote or wireless keypad, or can even be used manually. While hinged doors require extra space in front of your shelves so they have room to swing out, the automatic doors roll up instead. This requires no use of your floor space. And with hinged doors, you would need to take extra time to move any boxes or obstructions in front of them. Rolling doors still allow you to access stored contents even with boxes stacked in front of it.
Its built-in sensor is one of the most useful and unique features of the doors. This automatically stops the motion of the door if it comes into contact with an obstruction. If a box or other item is left hanging partially off a shelf, the door stops immediately without crushing or damaging the item. Simply roll the door back up, remove the obstruction, and reset the door so it can roll down again. Watch the video above to see how it works.
Additional features of the locking doors include:
- Availability in a variety of sizes and widths (see table)
- Choose from manual operation, wireless paddle switch, hardwired keyswitch, wireless keypad, or wireless remote control
- Doors include 1 ¾” spacers between the shelving and door to allow for slight overhang without causing an obstruction
- Multiple color options available to match your existing decor
- Installation on almost any type of static or mobile shelving, doors, or counters
- Easily add a neat, clean look while providing security
- Requires no routine maintenance
- Included with one year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Buy Automatic Locking Doors Online
Automated roll-down doors are available to buy online in multiple sizes and options. For additional information, please call us toll free at 1-855-786-766.
Secure Your Mobile Shelves
We now offer rolling security doors that are specially designed to fit sliding mobile shelving units. These doors provide extra security to your stored items while also providing a neat and clean look to your storage area. Optional motorized doors with remotes are also available for hands-free operation. Standard door kits include two end panels, doors with locks, hardware, and manual operation. Units over 12′ wide will have two doors, and units over 24′ wide will have three.
Sliding mobile shelving allows you to reduce your storage footprint without sacrificing accessibility, and the rolling doors are a new option available to add an additional level of security. While this can be accomplished with regular hinged doors, there are multiple benefits of adding roll-up doors to your mobile shelving instead.
While it would require three or four hinged doors to secure the same amount of shelving, you only need one roll-up door since it can span up to 12′. And as their name implies, the doors roll up rather than swing out into the room. This means you don’t need to make extra space in front of the unit, and the doors will still open if items are set in front of them shelves, whereas hinged doors would be blocked from opening.
- Included with two end panels, doors with locks, and hardware
- Door kits increase height, width, and depth of shelving unit footprint (see dimensions)
- Locks come keyed alike, but can be keyed differently if desired
- Shelving units over 12′ wide come with two doors; shelves 24′ wide come with three doors
- 2″ of space between front of shelving and door to allow for any items hanging off the front of the shelf
- No routine maintenance required
- Available in several standard colors
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Designed for interior use
- Optional motorized door kits available
Buy Rolling Security Doors Online
Rolling security doors for mobile shelving are available to buy online. Simply click on the mobile shelving configuration you have or want, and there will also be a link available to purchase the compatible door. For additional assistance, utilize our online chat with a sales representative or call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Security Doors for Shelving
Security is an important part of a large amount of industries. The HIPAA Compliant Act requires physical safeguards of personal health information and medical records, and individual files containing personal or otherwise sensitive information can be found in every other type of business. Locking roll-down security doors can be installed on almost any type of steel and wood shelving units, or even on counter and door openings.
Hinged security doors are designed so they have to swing out into the aisle, which only takes up more valuable space that could be used for something else. The roll-down security doors are unique in that they’re mounted to the top of your shelving and simply roll up and down without the need for extra space in front. This allows you to stack additional boxes or desks in front of the shelving without having to move anything to access stored contents like you would with hinged security doors.
The security doors are available as front-mount or top-mount, the sizes and specifications of which are as follows:Top Mount and Front Mount Door Box DimensionsDoor Height Door Storage Box Dimensions48″ to 70″ 6-1/2″ x 6-1/2″*70-1/8″ to 120″ 8-1/16″ x 8-1/16″*120-1/8″ to 124″ 10-1/8″ x 10-1/8″** Notes:
- Top mount door storage boxes add to the overall height of the shelving (84″ high shelving + 8-1/16″ door box = 92-1/16″ overall height).
- Front mount door storage boxes add to the overall depth of the siding (84″ high x 18″ deep shelving uses 8-1/16″ door boxes making the depth of the shelving with door box 26-1/16″).
- Available in manual operation with key lock or motorized remote control operation
- Motorized doors come with a toggle switch, key switch, or security keypad operation
- Available in several colors to match your existing decor
- Available in widths up to 10′-6″ and heights up to 10′-4″
- No routine maintenance required
Buy Roll-Down Security Doors Online
Roll-down doors are available to buy online in front mount or top mount configurations and ship in 10 business days. We would also be more than happy to help you decide what size and type of security doors would work best for you and your storage application. For more information or for additional assistance, call us at 1-855-786-7667.