Posts Tagged ‘plant desiccation cabinet’
Herbarium Drying Cabinets for Plant Specimen Desiccation
Plant Specimen Storage & Desiccation Cabinets
Dried plant specimens provide extremely important information to those who research them on the world around us. Their study is essential for taxonomy, ecology, anatomy, morphology, biology, pharmacology, and many other scientific disciplines, in addition to history. Without proper herbarium storage, rapid degradation can cause these irreplaceable samples to be lost. Herbarium drying cabinets provide safe storage for plant specimen desiccation in a variety of museum and research applications.
The herbarium drying cabinets work by extracting moisture from pressed plant specimens, which preserves their structural integrity during storage. An independently-controlled fan and thermostatically controlled 120 V heater allows the cabinet to reach a maximum internal temperature of 120°F. The fan and heater combination allows thorough and rapid desiccation of plant specimens.
In the event of a thermal overload, the indicators on the doors will flash red. For normal operation, the indicators remain green. With five vented shelves adjustable on 1″ centers, you can store specimens of various sizes in one cabinet. The perforated shelves are designed to provide efficient heat and air circulation throughout the cabinet to dry all specimens evenly.
Additional features of the herbarium drying cabinets include:
- Five perforated shelves adjustable in height on 1″ centers
- Equipped with thermostatically controlled 120 volt ceramic heater (UL Listed 1500 W) with an independently controlled fan
- Maximum internal temperature 120°F; alarm will sound if temperature goes over
- Door indicator lights indicate normal operation and thermal overload
- Door mounted speed controller for fan
- Internal temperature 115-120°F depending on shelf positiong
- 3-prong 6′ power cord
- Locking handle
- Four leveling feet
- Hinged door will lift-off to provide ease of transportation
- Powder coat finish with no off-gassing or VOCs
- Great for natural history museums, botany & organic chemistry departments, medical research centers, pharmaceutical drug dispensaties, and more
Buy Herbarium Drying Cabinets Online
Herbarium drying cabinets for plant specimen desiccation are available to buy online. You can also click here to see more museum cabinet solutions. For further assistance, give us a call at 1-855-786-7667. One of our storage experts will help answer all of your questions.