Posts Tagged ‘industrial workbenches’
For extra work space that is durable and long-lasting, we now have quick ship industrial workbenches available with adjustable heights and optional storage drawers. These workbenches are perfect for use in a wide variety of applications and harsh work environments, including industrial, electronics, labs, healthcare, repair shops, and more. They are available in several sizes with multiple options available so you can choose the work space that suits your exact needs.
Industrial Workbench Top Options
Industrial workbenches are available in your choice of three types of work surfaces. All surfaces support 200 lbs. per square foot when evenly distributed over the entire surface.
- Steel top: Heavy 12-gauge steel, 1¾” high, no holes on work surface. Will not crack, splinter, gouge, or absorb oil. Steel tops are strong, durable, and can withstand daily industrial use. This makes them great for applications such as welding and cutting. Steel tops are available in 48″W x 30″D, 60″W x 30″D, and 72″W x 30″D.
- Shop top: 1¾” thick high-density particleboard. This particleboard is 30% harder than maple and offer superior screw holding characteristics. Shop tops are non conductive, making them ideal for electronics workstations. The top and bottom layers are sealed to resist conventional spills.
- Maple hardwood top: Constructed from kiln dried hardwood and face-glued for durability, attractiveness, and long-lasting use. The maple tops are available in 48″W x 30″D, 60″ W x 30″D, 72″W x 30″D, and 72″W x 36″D.
- Included with 6″ adjustable legs and stringers for lateral stability and stop for optional lower shelf.
- Drawers 18″W x 24″D x 6″ high that install under the work top. Includes padlock lug for locking.
- 3″ high steel rim and barrier stops to keep items from falling off the work surface.
- 12″H x 10″D metal shelf riser above work surface.
- Full width 11-3/16″D lower shelf with 150 lbs. capacity
- 4″ swivel casters with brakes.
Buy Industrial Workbenches Online
Industrial workbenches with adjustable heights and optional storage drawers are available to buy online. Benches ship quickly in 7-10 business days.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, repetitive motion injuries (RMIs) are on the rise. These injuries represent 60% of reported occupational illnesses in the U.S. The private employment sector is shelling out over $25 billion per year in direct costs from absenteeism and workers compensation claims. Indirect costs are estimated at four times that amount.
This increase in reported cases is partly due to the fact that certain soft tissue injuries are becoming more clearly linked to the duties employees perform at work. OSHA has begun recognizing the factors that lead to such injuries at the federal level. California and other states are in the process of developing and instituting more stringent regulations for state OSHA programs to ensure that employers follow good ergonomic practices.
- Performing the same motion or series of motions over and over
- Being forced to work in one position or in an unnatural posture
- Using tools or equipment that vibrate or have repeated high impact
- Repeatedly exerting the same manual force task
- Frequent heavy lifting – especially when unassisted
There are many different strategies for reducing the incidence of RMI in the workplace. One solution to improve posture and make industrial work less likely to cause injury is through the use of ergonomic work benches in assembly and technical support areas.
At StoreMoreStore, we carry top of the line adjustable benches and tables including kitting workstations and electronic assembly workstations. These adjustable work benches allow each employee to set the appropriate and easily change the work surface height for their personal workspace. That way, they can rest their arms and avoid hunching over and prolonged body positions that promote repetitive motions injuries.
Technical work benches and ergonomic workstations also include a rolled front table edge to reduce pressure on an employee’s forearms. A footrest offers the option for workers to elevate their feet and take weight off their thighs throughout the day. When employees are supported with appropriate ergonomic furniture, they are less prone to repetitive motion injuries. Employers benefit from fewer workers’ comp claims, higher productivity, less worker fatigue, and better quality workmanship.