Posts Tagged ‘garment shelving’
Storage options for uniforms
Businesses and commercial operations have several options from which to choose to store, organize, and preserve uniforms and garments. These methods enable you to help employees look their best in their uniforms and to present a professional appearance to customers. The storage options described in this article focus on different methods to best store and handle employee unforms in different settings and environments that impact uniform care. These include:
- Concierge Exchange Lockers
- Grilled Door Garment and Uniform Lockers
- Solid Door Laminate Lockers
- Static or Mobile Wire Garment Racks
- Stainless or Electropolished Gowning Storage Racks
- Locking Uniform Storage Cabinets
- Hanging Uniform Storage Racks
- Multi-Level Hanging Uniform Storage Shelves
- Wall-Mounted Uniform Racks
Concierge exchange lockers
Concierge exchange lockers include the drop-off of dirty laundry and the distribution of clean laundry. These uniform cabinets accommodate uniform storage needs for auto dealerships, public safety, hotels, hospitals, and any business with customer service uniforms. These lockers come in several sizes to accommodate dropping off dirty garments and storing laundered uniforms for pick up. Some of the different types of cabinets available include:
- Soiled laundry cabinets with a laundry drop door for soiled and dirty laundry.
- Full-height and half-height cabinets for hanging laundered garments come with individual locking doors used for employee pick-up of laundered garments. Also, all the compartment doors can be opened with a single master housekeeping locking door key for quick and easy distribution of clean uniforms and garments without having to open each door.
- Folded garment lockers are available with up to nine locking compartments for folded laundry. These cabinets also come with a single master housekeeping door for quick and easy distribution of laundered clothing and uniforms to all the compartments.
All garment exchange lockers are made of steel that is durable enough to provide years of reliable service. In addition, perforated backs allow airflow to keep garments and uniforms fresh. Furthermore, all units have corrosion-resistant bottoms to help prevent rust.
The locker doors, made of steel, are durable enough to withstand heavy use. Doors are equipped with either piano or five-knuckle hinges that allow smooth operation, and users can open and close the lockers without any hassle. Lockers also have several locking options, including a padlock latch for combination locks or built-in key locks.
Laminate garment storage cabinets
Laminate type garment and uniform lockers come with open fronts, solid or grilled doors. These lockers are available from one to six vertical compartments and can be tailored to your specific requirements. These garment lockers can provide a wood look and are quieter than steel lockers. They also can incorporate push-button digital locks.
Grilled door lockers allow air to circulate, so garments stored inside remain fresh and ready to wear. These uniform lockers are popular for school marching bands and other applications where ventilation and visibility into the locker are important.
Solid door lockers are popular in-office applications where harmonizing with other office décor is important. These storage lockers can be equipped with push-button digital locks and programmed for temporary or long-term use.
Static or mobile wire garment racks
Those with budget constraints can always utilize these more economical wire garment racks to store, organize, and preserve uniforms. They’re ideal for hanging hospital cleanroom garments, lab coats, school theatre costumes, and church choir robes. Furthermore, the versatile static or mobile units allow hanger use to ensure effective consolidation. Both systems also include adjustable shelves underneath, which you can reconfigure to create the most efficient display conditions. If concerned about clearance space, rearrange the shelves until creating a gap large enough to prevent damage.
Extra folded garments organized on the lower shelf escape getting entangled with active inventory secured to the upper hanging rod. No dust exists either since systems have an open wire design that provides airflow. Hanging hospital lab coats and marching band jackets remain wrinkle-free and clean. Stored items are easily accessible and visible as well, helping speed retrieval.
Facilities that need to save floor space should invest in mobile configurations. Units have polyurethane casters with rubber donut bumpers that facilitate safe relocation to simplify the process. It frees up the floor, allowing you to put the existing footprint to more efficient use.
Stainless gowning storage racks
Stainless freestanding cantilever gowning racks allow you to store, organize, and preserve uniforms with the same efficiency. Be sure to leave space between the hanging garments to prevent wrinkles from forming during storage. Hangers are not included.
To ensure models meet your cleanroom sanitation standards, you have a choice of two finishes. These include:
- A stainless steel design with a non-contaminating surface that eliminates particle shedding.
- Electropolished alternatives have increased resistance to corrosion, are easy to clean, and can meet more demanding requirements.
You can provide sufficient breathing room since the sanitary racks allow removable hangers to use and have an open design. It enables airflow to eliminate dust and keep stored attire clean. Organized garments securely hang high off the floor to give you ergonomic access. Users also have better visibility of uniforms that span the storage footprint to maximize space.
Locking uniform storage cabinets
Concerns about protecting uniforms from theft can be relieved by using hanging clothing cabinets with optional locking doors. It is more economical than paying for round-the-clock security and can eliminate property loss and damage. Door styles that you can pick from include:
- Aluminum options provide an optimal choice if you want a lighter solution with the strength to resist corrosion and are simple to maintain.
- Alternatives have the power to regulate the access and keep aisles free from obstructions while rolling up and down. You also avoid creating safety hazards and wasting space, which often happens with swinging hinged doors.
Choosing to integrate doors with manual operation does not add to the cost, so you avoid paying extra for quality security. Motorized door options vary in price but provide the best theft protection to ensure you get the most wear from uniforms in storage.
The durable storage cabinets include ample shelf space and a hanging rod large enough to store, organize, and preserve uniforms in one place. If you need more or less space to prevent wrinkle damage, the shelves and hanging brackets are adjustable. Units also include closed side panels strong enough to eliminate dust and minimize light exposure. The contents inside the cabinets remain clean and safe to wear whenever you need them.
Furthermore, models allow installation against walls or in the middle of a room to optimize space and ensure full footprint use. Assembly instructions are included to simplify shelving and door installation. Systems have a durable, high-quality finish resistant to scratches and corrosion as well.
These locking uniform storage cabinets are perfect to use in many applications. A few include fire stations and churches with firefighter suits and choir robes to protect against theft and deterioration from light and dust.
Hanging uniform storage racks
These steel garment storage racks allow customization to provide a personalized solution that can store, organize, and preserve uniforms. They’re great to use in schools, police stations, military facilities, and churches. Accessories available to add are:
- Hinged doors with a solid or vented design and key or digital locks that regulate access to prevent theft.
- Drawers spacious enough to accommodate shoes or folded items. It allows you to keep everything separate yet organized and have more convenient access.
Typical configurations include one or two rods that you can use to hang marching band uniforms, athletic jerseys, and similar articles of clothing. Like the alternatives, these can also stand against a wall to save space or in the middle of the room. You can even adjust the shelves and garment brackets to ensure proper consolidation space and prevent wrinkles. The top shelves of the units provide efficient dust coverage, allowing attire to remain clean and safe to wear. Architectural Revit Models
Multi-level hanging uniform storage shelves
Multi-level hanging uniform storage shelves allow you to maximize your storage space. Standing two or three levels-high, the single or double-sided models allow you to use overhead vertical space efficiently. Garments remain off the floor while secured to hanging rods. It permits you to put the area to better use and avoid wasting space.
With open access to large storage compartments, there is ample space to store, organize, and preserve uniforms in one convenient solution. Personnel can also adapt the area to create the most efficient display conditions with a simple shelving modification. It’s easy to do since the shelf levels have a flexible design, ensuring you use every inch of space.
Inventory also remains clean, visible, and easy to retrieve because the multi-level hanging uniform storage shelves have an open design. It allows air to flow, helping eliminate dust accumulation and promote accessibility. The single or double-sided racks are ideal for storing assorted hanging apparel found in retail store backrooms, warehouses, and more.
Wall-mounted uniform racks
Do you have limited floor space to store, organize, and preserve uniforms? If yes, then consider investing in these new wall-mounted garment racks. The flexible solution does not need the floor to keep garments neat and safe. Instead, units allow secure installation to the wall so you can save space for more productive uses. In addition, configuration shelf rails have an adjustable design to simplify customizing the space.
Wall-mounted garment racks have storage levels that allow independent modification to ensure optimal display conditions without damage. Garments hanging from the sturdy rails remain neat and clean while compacted into an efficient footprint. Units also span several stories high to maximize vertical space and give you comfortable access to stored uniforms, helping simplify retrieval.
Do you have a tough time finding space to store folded and hanging clothing? If so, read our blog on garment storage racks.
Buy garment storage racks & lockers online.
Garment storage racks and lockers are available to buy online and ship anywhere from seven to 40 business days with free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Hanging Coat, Robe, & Garment Storage Cabinets
Hanging garment cabinets are a durable and professional storage solution for storing all types of clothing efficiently. The cabinet’s hanging rod provides neat storage for gowns, robes, coats, suits, jumpsuits, and other clothing and uniforms. Additional space above the rod provides storage space for items such as helmets, hats, and other items.
For more security, roll-up locking doors are easily added to the shelving units. These doors protect stored garments from theft, dust, or other exposures, which makes them great for museum, office, commercial, or industrial applications. For enhanced ease of use and user safety, motorized door options are also available with a variety of locking options. Users can roll up the door and access their items with the push of a button. And with an automatic sensor, the door movement automatically stops when it contacts an obstruction. This keeps users safe from injury and prevents damage to garments stored in the cabinets.
Hanging Garment Cabinet Features
- Hanging garment cabinets available in two heights: 88″ and 97″ (additional heights available upon request)
- Units are 24″ deep with 30″ deep units available
- Cabinets are free-standing, allowing them to stand against a wall or sit in the middle of the floor
- Back panels are available upon request
- Garment cabinets include one hanging rod
- Indicated units also include a top shelf for extra storage
- Closed side panel uprights are constructed of 18-gauge steel for durability
- Steel shelves and hanging garment brackets are adjustable on 1½” centers
- Scratch and corrosion resistant powder coat finish available in a wide variety of colors
- 2″ bottom kickplates prevent items from rolling under the unit
- Shelving units and doors are easy to assemble
- Made in the USA
- Doors come standard in manual operation with key lock
- Constructed of durable aluminum
- Add 8″ to overall height and 2″ to overall depth of the unit
- Motorized doors also available with wireless paddle/toggle switch, wireless keypad, wireless handheld remote, or hardwired key switch operation (requires electrical wiring)
- All motors include torque sensors that stop door movement when it contacts an obstruction to prevent injuries and improve safety
- Doors include 1¾” spacers between shelving and door
- Rolling doors provide security and a neat, clean look at the same time
- Available in several colors
- No routine maintenance required
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Designed for interior use only
Buy Hanging Garment Cabinets & Locking Doors Online
Hanging garment cabinets with optional roll-up locking doors are available to buy online and are eligible for volume discounts. For further assistance, give us a call at 1-855-786-7667. One of our storage experts will help answer all of your questions.