Posts Tagged ‘flat shelving’
Flat Works on Paper Shelving
Some types of specific documents can’t be stored most efficiently on regular shelving. For example, many flat works on paper for museums, archival facilities, construction documents, and other applications require specialized storage to protect these materials from damage. More and more museums use Solander box shelving as a new standard to store historical documents and all types of flat and rolled storage.
The durable steel construction and non off-gassing finish makes the shelving perfect for storing Solander cases, Hollinger boxes, maps, mat boards, posters, drawings, blueprints, and other works that need to lay flat. This allows the materials to last longer and prevents damage from being folded or rolled up, which is especially crucial for historical archives. These shelves are also great for large format works that may not be suitable for other types of storage. Shelves are available in multiple sizes to accommodate oversized products up to 46″ x 36″.
- Adjustable shelves on 1 ½” increments allow you to store a variety of document and case sizes
- Shelf width openings are 2″ less than the overall width of the unit (ex: 30″ wide shelf has an actual width of 28″)
- Closed vertical uprights made from heavy-duty 10 gauge steel for extra durability
- Available in heights of 76 ¼” and 88 ¼”
- Bottom kick plates included to prevent objects from rolling under the unit
- Units come with a closed back
- Shelf reinforcements provide maximum load capacity of 1,500 lbs. for the entire unit
- 48″ wide shelves: 450 lbs. weight load per shelf
- 42″ wide shelves: 550 lbs. weight load per shelf
- 30″ & 36″ wide shelves: 450 lbs. weight load per shelf
- Powder coat provides no off-gassing finish to protect stored items from deterioration
- Available in a variety of powder coat colors
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
Buy Solander Box Shelving Online
Solander box shelving is available to buy online and comes with easy do-it-yourself instructions. For further assistance, give us a call at 1-855-786-7667. One of our storage experts will be able to help answer all of your questions.