Posts Tagged ‘Broselow Tape Drawers’
Pediatric Emergency Carts with Drawers Based on Broselow Tape
Since the 1980s, the Broselow Tape has been used to help emergency room personnel treat children. The color-coded tape helps relate a child’s height and weight to the dosages and equipment that should be used. With that in mind, StoreMoreStore now offers a line of pediatric emergency carts with drawers that match the Broselow Tape.
Why the Drawers are Based on Broselow Tape?
The pediatric emergency carts store everything you need to respond to life or death situations including reference books, medications, airway equipment, and IV solutions. This specially designed cart will improve response time and effectiveness by keeping the right size equipment easily accessible and already sorted for the size infant or child that you’re attempting to revive.
In fact, a 2005 study shows that pediatric carts that have drawers based on the Broselow Tape were easier to use than standard carts. “In addition, subjects located intubation equipment and nasogastric tubes significantly faster when using the Broselow cart, and correct equipment was provided significantly more often with the Broselow cart. These data suggest that sites caring for pediatric patients should consider modeling their resuscitation carts after the Broselow cart to enhance provider confidence and patient safety.”
Features of Our Pediatric Emergency Cart
Depending on the specific model you choose, features may vary, but overall each pediatric emergency cart has these available options:
- Colors – 17 powder coat colors available in a two-tone or solid finish.
- Double Wall Construction – All aluminum and most of the steel carts have double-wall construction for long-lasting use, durability, and strength.
- Plastic Top – Extra thick top has a 1/2″ inch ridge to keep things from falling off when moving your cart. Tops are latex-free where indicated.
- Twin Poly Push Handles – Handles make carts easier to push and steer. Available only on specified carts.
- Full Extension Ball Bearing Drawer Slides – Full extension drawers allow you to see all the items in the drawer.
- Casters – Ranging from 2″ economy to 5″ premium quality casters as specified per cart model.
- Outrigger Stabilizing Base Frame – anti-tip stabilization and bumpers for cart protection on specified carts.
Shop Online Now for Your Pediatric Emergency Carts
You can find all of our medical carts online here, including the pediatric emergency carts. And if you need any help or have any questions, please give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.