Plan Drawing Shelving
Park Museum Art Storage
National and state park museums commonly include rotating artwork exhibits, which require careful storage and display as any other collection. We have a variety of artwork collection storage solutions available to buy online for your convenience.
Unfortunately, most paintings are extremely delicate, and a variety of factors contribute to eventual deterioration. Proper storage and handling go a long way toward keeping paintings preserved for the long term. During storage, curators must protect artwork from multiple damaging factors such as light, pests, and improper handling. By practicing preventative conservation, curators avoid costly and time-consuming treatments.
Best Artwork Collection Storage Practices
Some best long-term artwork collection storage practices include:
- Whether storing a high-dollar art collection or sentimental works that you’d like to display in the future, think about where to keep everything. Then, test the area’s average humidity to ensure it’s moderate. Use somewhere cool and dry that doesn’t exceed 70 degrees, rather than moist spaces.
- Changes in temperature can cause materials to expand and contract, leading to damage and deformation. This could include wrapping, discoloration, and mold growth that take time and money to eliminate. When in doubt, dark and windowless environments provide the safest long-term preservation conditions.
- Wipe away any unsanitary dust or dirt that could compromise the paintings’ integrity during this time. Use soft, fresh microfiber cloths rather than harsh products to clean framed work. You can spray wood or metal frames and sculptures with a quality polish, too.
- Framed items should have cardboard corners to protect it and the structure. Then, place supportive padding such as bubble wrap around the entire work. Secure the layer in place with tape or string. To ensure items have added dust and moisture protection, wrap them in breathable material.
- Avoid rolling unframed works such as canvas paintings. Despite being an easier and cheaper technique, experts advise against it. If rolled up too long, it could have permanent creases and cracks in the paint. Wrap these in air and water-resistant material and secure them between sturdy foam or cardboard. Then, put it in a protective bag made from breathable material to prevent deterioration due to dust and moisture damage.
Safely Position Artwork Collections
The safest way to position artwork collections during storage depends on the medium. Read on to learn the proper techniques when handling a few specific works.
- To prevent damage, national and state park museums should place framed works in a standing position rather than one on top of the other. Pieces could collapse from the stress of their own weight if stacked.
- Unframed works can withstand stacking, but experts recommend storing these works in a standing position too.
- You can store small box or paper works in drawers but must check for termite and acid secretions first.
Documenting Artwork Collections
Everyone from national and state park museums to libraries, historical societies, airports, and more should document and photograph artwork collections in storage and on display. As an actual record, it serves as a good reference in an emergency or if a theft occurs. It can help streamline insurance claims if you need to file one. To simplify the process, create a spreadsheet with details about the works being stored and label everything accordingly.
Why Artwork Storage is Challenging
Artwork collection storage continues to challenge cultural centers around the world, including national and state park museums not as well known to the public. Many lack the space to store growing collections and only display about 5% of them at any time. The rest remains hidden in areas that the public cannot access, such as off-site facilities (which cost a pretty penny to rent). Needless to say, it can often place further strain on departmental budgets.
To compensate, museums mainly store paintings by hanging them from storage screens, placing them on shelves, or stacking them vertically. It’s more affordable and increases audiences’ exposure to displayed collections. What works best for you depends on the size and environment of your storage area.
Artwork Collection Storage Applications
Made from sanitary and durable construction, the artwork collection storage can accommodate more than national and state park museums. This includes airports, historical societies, and libraries that display artists’ work. All can depend on the versatile solutions to save space while keeping displayed art organized and safe.
Save Space with Artwork Collection Storage
Users can adapt many along or right to an empty wall to maximize underused space. Some span floor to ceiling to promote better vertical space use. Another occupies the entire perimeter to ensure optimal footprint efficiency. Others fit counter-high bases that require minimal use of the floor to accommodate static cabinets with a space-saving compact design.
Sanitary wire carts have the flexibility to relocate and save space in moments. Personnel then has safe access to the area and can reuse it to accommodate other productive activities. This includes wedding receptions, concerts, family-friendly programming and more. Other contemporary options such as pull-out racks retract in and out of the aisles to provide users more versatile space savings.
Artwork Collection Storage Types
Without efficient funding to expand existing footprints, staff must find creative ways to execute proper preservation practices within the available space. You can find some affordable artwork collection storage options safe enough to use in national and state park museums online. As efficient space-saving solutions, all can organize and protect rotating exhibits from deterioration, helping increase the lifespan. Read on to learn how the budget-friendly systems stack up against one another.
Wire Mesh Art Display Panels
Available in wall-mounted or freestanding configurations, wire mesh panels provide proper storage and easy viewing at the same time. Freestanding options allow users access to two screens with space to display more in the same footprint. It promotes better capacity efficiency while allowing patrons more visible access to collections. Systems with wall-mounting capabilities hang high off the floor to save space that facilities can reuse to accommodate more productive activities. All have a non-reactive solvent-free powder coat finish durable enough to protect pieces against environmental factors.
Configurations have a sturdy, perforated design that provides efficient and clean airflow to keep everything on display dust free. Freestanding options allow independent use to prevent interference with optional art hooks. Curators have more than enough space to organize and secure collections in the available footprint and save on storage costs. Patrons enjoy twice the visible access to rare pieces often hidden from public view, too.
Flat File Drawer Cabinets
Prevent damage from rolling or folding and store plan drawings, graphics, maps, drafting documents, blueprints, vellum sheets, and oversized documents by storing them in flat file cabinets. Closed compartments have no space in between one another, promoting maximum capacity usage within the available footprint. It looks cleaner and more organized while helping keep dust and more out.
Units are available with or without bases that have lower shelves to organize reference materials, helping simplify researchers’ work. Systems can accommodate optional components such as security key locks that provide efficient material tampering and theft protection. Label holders located on each drawer front help create instant organization.
Configurations have ergonomic pull handles that allow users easier access to stored collections, helping simplify viewing. Stack systems weighing up to 2,000 lbs onto mobile bases if needing to relocate them due to limited space availability. It frees up the area to accommodate more productive activities. Personnel avoids injury while moving the heavy loads elsewhere in a more efficient timeframe and can do more during the day.
Art Till Shelving
Art tills organize framed and unframed artwork and protect them from light, pests, and deterioration. Users can stack the durable systems up to two high to maximize underused vertical space. Units include adjustable dividers flexible and durable enough to protect stored works within the footprint. Users even have the option to remove the partitions if needing to create larger compartment widths. Models have a non-reactive solvent-free powder coating that safeguards items from harmful environmental factors. Systems’ open front provides efficient airflow to keep nonactive collections clean and in mint condition.
Framed Artwork Carts
With adjustable dividers, these mobile space-saving framed artwork carts allow safe storage and transport for paintings. Flexible partitions allow users to customize the available space based on collection needs and keep everything upright to prevent damage during transit. Units have all-welded wire shelves versatile enough to provide airflow, light penetration, and more to keep items clean and visible. Users have comfortable access to stored collections from the rear and front, helping prevent damage and ensure safe handling during retrieval.
Handlers can move the portable storage and everything it holds in moments to save space and simplify cleanup during exhibit rotation. Then, start redesigning the area to match new art installation themes and display stuff less often seen within the same footprint. Facilities expose audiences to more collections from within the available space and avoid an expensive expansion.
Pull-Out Art Racks
Pull-out art racks allow you to store artwork collections while saving space with retractable panels. The easy-to-install heavy-duty art racks anchor to floor without ceiling support. Units have a linear motion design that allows panels to slide out into aisles on an independent basis, leaving others undisturbed. Curators can hang works on each side during this time to ensure better space usage. Patrons must use the convenient and ergonomic pull handles if wanting visible access to collections on display. Staff can add extra panels in the future if needing more space to store growing collections. Screens have a sturdy perforated design that allows efficient airflow to keep everything from deteriorating during storage and while on public display.Works on Paper Shelving
Works on paper shelving accommodates Hollinger boxes, Solander cases, maps, boards, posters, and other flat works with non-gassing material that protects stored collections. Units include adjustable shelves that users can adapt vertically to ensure efficient space use while keeping everything safe and organized. You can even add hinged doors with key or electronic locks that protect works from theft, dust, and more. Stand the static configurations against an empty wall to maximize vertical space efficiency. All have an open front large enough to provide efficient airflow and preserve the stored items integrity.
Buy Artwork Collection Storage Online
Artwork collection storage units are available to buy online with free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Outdoor Cabinet Storage
The heavy duty outdoor cabinets include sloped tops for rain runoff and gasket sealed door frames that keep moisture out. This is great for rainy and humid climates, but these cabinets aren’t exclusive for use in temperamental weather and are suitable for a wide variety of environments. For example, you can also use them for wet areas like pools.
The gasket doors and filtered vents are also designed for dry environments to keep our dust and sand. And if you live in certain climates, you know how valuable it is to have a storage system that can seamlessly adapt to any type of weather.
- All-welded 12-gauge steel construction
- Includes sloped top, rain guard, gasket sealed door frames and filtered vents
- Shelves adjust on 2 ¼” increments
- Full height flush doors with 7 gauge leaf hinges prevent sagging
- Doors open 180 degrees for full access
- 3-point locking system with pad-lockable steel handle for security
- 6″ high forkliftable base/legs
- 36″ x 24″: 1,900 lbs. capacity per shelf
- 48″ x 24″: 1,200 lbs. capacity per shelf
- 60″ x 24″: 1,650 lbs. capacity per shelf
- Corrosion-resistant powder-coat finish
- Ships fully assembled
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Made in the USA
Buy Heavy Duty Outdoor Cabinets Online
Heavy duty outdoor cabinets are available to buy online and ship within 5-10 business days with free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Drafting Worktable Desks with Built-in Backlights
I’m going to start this blog post with a personal tidbit. My father started his career as an architect; any other architects or engineers know that this means countless late nights straining over their drafting worktable. Needless to say, back pain was a huge problem with this setup for a long time. If he wanted to use a lightbox, he had to buy it separately from the desk. Since it was a separate piece, it was clunky and cumbersome to move around.
But with improvements in technology, architects, engineers, and artists now have many more options. Drafting worktables at StoreMoreStore are available in a variety of configurations that promote ergonomics and usability, including desks with their own built-in lightboxes for a complete solution. Because its adjustable surface allows users to angle the table up to 50 degrees, it provides a more ergonomic and productive work area. Additionally, its heavy-duty construction guarantees long-lasting use. You can also choose from multiple desk sizes depending on your application.
- Heavy-duty steel framework base
- On applicable units, built-in lightboxes tilt up to 50 degrees
- Self-contained lightbox constructed from hardwood frames with translucent 1/8″ acrylic diffuser panel and 1/4″ clear glass
- UL listed, solid state lightbox assembly with a full range light dimming control (output between 0-325 foot-candles)
- Lightboxes include four 30 watt tubes for 30″ x 36″ sizes and four 40 watt tubes for 30″ x 48″ sizes
- Includes shallow drawer for supplies
- Desks without lightboxes are also available with flat file and drawer cabinets
- Ships unassembled in 7-10 business days
- Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Buy Drafting Worktable Desks Online
Drafting worktable desks are in stock to buy online and ship within 7-10 business days. Free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Wall Hung Stainless Steel Cabinets
Wall hung stainless steel cabinets are ideal for a wide variety of storage applications that require durability and cleanliness. Since they are constructed of high-quality stainless steel and an all-welded design, you can use the commercial-grade cabinets in labs, healthcare settings, food storage, restaurant kitchens, and more.
In order to adapt to multiple applications, the wall hung stainless steel cabinets are available in multiple widths from 30″ to 60″. Each unit also includes an adjustable intermediate stainless steel shelf. This makes them a flexible and space-saving solution that can adapt to your changing needs. Depending on your needs, you can choose from cabinets with or without sliding doors.
By hanging from the wall, the cabinets also save space by freeing up your floor for other uses. They also keep dangerous or sensitive items secure and out of the way. In the event of a spill, the cabinets withstand most harsh chemicals and cleaning agents and are easily cleaned. Commercial-grade stainless steel resists rust and corrosion to remain within safety and sanitation standards.
- All-welded cabinet with high-grade 16-gauge 304 stainless steel construction
- Available in widths: 30″, 36″, 42″, 48″, 54″, and 60″
- Adjustable interior stainless steel intermediate shelf
- Double sliding type doors on indicated units
- Ships assembled and ready to set in place
- Easy clean door rails
- Certified by the National Sanitation Foundation
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Buy Wall Hung Stainless Steel Cabinets Online
Wall hung stainless steel cabinets are available to buy online and ship within 10-15 business days. Free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Pegboard Tool Sliders
Pegboard sliding tool display panels on moving frames store a wide range of tools for durable storage in less space. The sliders pull in and out easily and are great for tool cribs and other tool storage applications.
On average, a technician can spend 20 minutes searching for a tool they need. At this point, they either spend more time searching or give up and use whatever’s available, which may not be suited to the task. When you multiply how often this happens in a single day along with the labor rate of technicians and the risk of damage by using the wrong tools, it costs more than just 20 minutes of wasted time. Unique and expensive tools also provide additional challenges as they require usage monitoring.
Organize & Save Space for Tool Storage
The sliding pegboard racks are great for storing, organizing, and displaying tools, gaskets, belts, parts, hoses, and other items that are difficult to store in regular shelving. Nesting the panels together also reduces the amount of space needed for specialty items that require a greater deal of wall or floor space. Items like belts and gaskets are also protected from damage by being stored vertically instead of crammed into a drawer. The system is easy to use; when retrieving tools, the user simply slides out the desired panel with the pull handle.
Additional features of the pegboard sliders include:
- Steel panel frames are adjustable from side to side for optimal storage flexibility
- Included with a pull handle
- Metal pegboard panels are 37 ¾” wide x 78″ high with round pegboard holes
- Pegboard panels are installed on both sides of the pull-out frames for designated models
- Durable blue powder-coated finish
(With Top Overhang) Overall Depth
(Without Top Overhang) Overall Height3 Panel Units without Pegboard 54 1/2″ 78 3/4″ 42 1/2″ 86 3/4″3 Panel Units with Pegboard 54 1/2″ 78 3/4″ 42 1/2″ 86 3/4″5 Panel Units without Pegboard 96″ 78 3/4″ 42 1/2″ 86 3/4″5 Panel Units with Pegboard 96″ 78 3/4″ 42 1/2″ 86 3/4″
Buy Pegboard Sliding Racks Online
Pegboard sliding tool display racks are available to buy online in multiple sizes. For further assistance, call us at 1-855-786-7667 or send us a message to speak to one of our experts.
Flat Works on Paper Shelving
Some types of specific documents can’t be stored most efficiently on regular shelving. For example, many flat works on paper for museums, archival facilities, construction documents, and other applications require specialized storage to protect these materials from damage. More and more museums use Solander box shelving as a new standard to store historical documents and all types of flat and rolled storage.
The durable steel construction and non off-gassing finish makes the shelving perfect for storing Solander cases, Hollinger boxes, maps, mat boards, posters, drawings, blueprints, and other works that need to lay flat. This allows the materials to last longer and prevents damage from being folded or rolled up, which is especially crucial for historical archives. These shelves are also great for large format works that may not be suitable for other types of storage. Shelves are available in multiple sizes to accommodate oversized products up to 46″ x 36″.
- Adjustable shelves on 1 ½” increments allow you to store a variety of document and case sizes
- Shelf width openings are 2″ less than the overall width of the unit (ex: 30″ wide shelf has an actual width of 28″)
- Closed vertical uprights made from heavy-duty 10 gauge steel for extra durability
- Available in heights of 76 ¼” and 88 ¼”
- Bottom kick plates included to prevent objects from rolling under the unit
- Units come with a closed back
- Shelf reinforcements provide maximum load capacity of 1,500 lbs. for the entire unit
- 48″ wide shelves: 450 lbs. weight load per shelf
- 42″ wide shelves: 550 lbs. weight load per shelf
- 30″ & 36″ wide shelves: 450 lbs. weight load per shelf
- Powder coat provides no off-gassing finish to protect stored items from deterioration
- Available in a variety of powder coat colors
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
Buy Solander Box Shelving Online
Solander box shelving is available to buy online and comes with easy do-it-yourself instructions. For further assistance, give us a call at 1-855-786-7667. One of our storage experts will be able to help answer all of your questions.
Storing Rolled Plans & Flat Drawings
Rolled plan drawing storage cabinets and counters will store rolled drawings, architectural blueprints, maps, flat drawings, and more within the same unit. While traditional shelving makes storing rolled materials difficult, these shelves are specifically designed for it. And with adjustable cubbies, you can customize the shelves to your exact needs.
If you work in industries like architecture, design, engineering, landscaping, construction, drafting, etc. then you know you need a convenient way to store oversized documents while keeping them undamaged. Storing these documents stacked on top of each other can make them difficult to find and organize. Documents laying flat on tables also leaves them prone to damage from accidents—most of us have probably spilled coffee on a paper document at some point. Additionally, flat shelving can take up a lot of space and may not fit extra large documents.
Full Height Rolled Plan Drawing Shelves
These full-height steel shelving units are designed to maximize the storage of bulky rolled drawings. You can also remove the dividers to store flat drawings within the same unit. Other features include:
- Heights available from 24″ to 121″
- Closed side panels adds stability & a clean appearance
- Unit comes with twelve 6″ high and adjustable vertical dividers (2 per shelf)
- Additional shelving options available
- Removable and adjustable dividers can adjust to fit rolled or flat drawings and storing oversized documents
- Adjustable steel shelves
- Available in 19 standard colors
- Made in the USA
- Volume discounts available
Counter-Height Rolled Plan Drawing Units
Counter-high units are also available, and provide a convenient work surface when retrieving and viewing items.
- Units include 6″ high adjustable and removable partition dividers for storing rolled and flat drawings in the same unit
- Steel shelves are adjustable on 1.5″ increments
- Includes closed metal side panels and front base
- Easy do-it-yourself instructions with quick set-up
- Wide selection of colors and laminate finishes
- Volume discounts available
- Made in USA
Buy Rolled Plan Drawing Storage Units Online
Rolled plan drawing storage units are available to buy online and are easy to set up and use. For more information or to receive additional assistance, please call us toll free at 1-855-786-766.
Wire basket carts with pull-out drawers and shelves were created with the storage of medical, electronic, food, and industrial applications in mind. Supply storage for these industries can be difficult because storage areas have to be kept consistently clean and free of dust. And if spillage occurs in a food storage area, it needs to be able to be cleaned up quickly and easily. Wire baskets allow just that, while the pull-out drawers allow you to store in less space while casters offer easy transport.
Hygienic Supply & Parts Storage
The wire basket carts help promote a clean, ventilated storage environment for items that need to be kept free of dust, spills, dirt, etc. Wire construction doesn’t allow for dust build-up on the shelves, and they are easy to clean and keep clean, which saves you time and ensures your storage is in top condition. They’re also great for bulk parts storage and other items that aren’t suitable for storage on flat shelves. For ease of distribution and restocking, the carts can simply be rolled to your desired location.
Wire Basket Carts Features
- Adjustable pull-out baskets & shelves
- Standard-duty carts include 4″ diameter quiet poly non-marking swivel casters and heavy-duty carts include 5″ diameter casters (two casters have brakes)
- Each standard-duty unit comes with a bottom plastic dust cover to prevent spills, dust, or dirt from falling to the floor
- Heavy-duty carts are constructed from all-welded 1-1/2″ square tubular epoxy-coated steel framed mounted onto a heavy-duty mobile base with bumper impact cushions
- Available in single- or double-bay carts
- Draws can be divided into sections with short and long dividers
- Indicated units include an upper slanted basket for easy access to upper storage level
- Label holders included where indicated; additional label holders can be added
- Wire baskets are available in 3″, 5″, or 8″ deep; plastic basket drawers are available in 2″, 4″, or 8″ deep
- Add-on units can be easily added to starter units
Buy Wire Basket Carts Online
Wire basket carts are available to buy online at our store and ship with easy do-it-yourself instructions. If you need additional information or just want some help with deciding which cart configuration would be right for you , call us at 1-855-786-7667.
So you’ve got some shelving and a bunch of documents. Too bad that’s not all you need to actually organize all that paper. It won’t do any good to just stack a pile of papers on you shelving. You need documents to be easily accessible; otherwise, you would have just got rid of them. There are numerous ways to organize documents in your shelving, but here are some of our favorites.
Store Groups of Folders, Forms, Brochures, and Documents in Oblique Compartments
Oblique compartments hang in your shelving. The compartments are large enough to hold folders and many, many documents. This makes them a great solution for organizing forms and brochures. The magnified color-coded labels on all Oblique compartments keep all your documents easy to find too.
Store Large Documents, Drawings, and Blueprints Rolled in Cubby Shelves
If you have large documents like drawings and blue prints, your best bet is to store them rolled up. They’re safe from damage and take up way less space. But you can’t just store them rolled up in a pile on the floor or on any type of shelving. Specially designed cubby shelves are the ideal solution for storing rolled up large documents.
Store Legal File Folders in Redrope Pockets with Tabbies Handles
If you have legal case files, you want to keep them grouped together. That way nothing gets lost. But when you have so many folders, it can be hard to do. That’s why redrope pockets are a great solution for storing documents in your shelving. The expanding gusset lets you store all your legal file folders in one place. And if you add a Tabbies handle, you can use it as a color coded label that will not only make finding files easier, the handle will also protect your redrope pockets!
Find All These and More Solutions Online From StoreMoreStore
These are just a few of the ways to organize documents in your shelving. And you can find them all online at StoreMoreStore. If you need any help or have questions about storing your documents, please give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.
Engineers, architects, and construction managers all have one major thing in common – the need to efficiently store technical drawings. The best option is to scan them. But if your company can’t do that, then you need another way to store them. Here are 3 of the most popular ways to store technical drawings.
1. Rolled Up in Cubby Shelves
Rolling up your technical drawings and storing them in cubby shelves works great for most document types and sizes. You can store multiple sized drawings within just one cubby. And because they are rolled up, they are easy to access. Another reason to store technical drawings in cubby shelves is that your drawings are up off the floor and safe from potential damage. Finally, the cubby shelves are very cost-effective when you have a large amount of technical drawings to store.
2. Flattened in Flat File Cabinets
Within each drawer of the flat file cabinets you can store a large amount of technical drawings. And because they are stored flat instead of folded, you can be sure there won’t be any creases or marks. The cabinets also protect your drawings from potential environmental damage. The flat file cabinets are more expensive; however, if you need your technical drawings secure, they are your best option.
3. Suspended in Hanging File Compartments
If you group technical drawings together and need them labeled, then storing them suspended in hanging file compartments is a great option. The hanging file compartments also work really well if you already have shelving in place because the compartments will fit right in. And once again because your drawings are stored flat, they are safe from damage.
There are many different ways you can store your technical drawings, but these are by far the most popular. And you can find them all online from us at StoreMoreStore. And if you need another option or have any questions, please give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.