Art Storage Shelving Racks
Park Museum Art Storage
National and state park museums commonly include rotating artwork exhibits, which require careful storage and display as any other collection. We have a variety of artwork collection storage solutions available to buy online for your convenience.
Unfortunately, most paintings are extremely delicate, and a variety of factors contribute to eventual deterioration. Proper storage and handling go a long way toward keeping paintings preserved for the long term. During storage, curators must protect artwork from multiple damaging factors such as light, pests, and improper handling. By practicing preventative conservation, curators avoid costly and time-consuming treatments.
Best Artwork Collection Storage Practices
Some best long-term artwork collection storage practices include:
- Whether storing a high-dollar art collection or sentimental works that you’d like to display in the future, think about where to keep everything. Then, test the area’s average humidity to ensure it’s moderate. Use somewhere cool and dry that doesn’t exceed 70 degrees, rather than moist spaces.
- Changes in temperature can cause materials to expand and contract, leading to damage and deformation. This could include wrapping, discoloration, and mold growth that take time and money to eliminate. When in doubt, dark and windowless environments provide the safest long-term preservation conditions.
- Wipe away any unsanitary dust or dirt that could compromise the paintings’ integrity during this time. Use soft, fresh microfiber cloths rather than harsh products to clean framed work. You can spray wood or metal frames and sculptures with a quality polish, too.
- Framed items should have cardboard corners to protect it and the structure. Then, place supportive padding such as bubble wrap around the entire work. Secure the layer in place with tape or string. To ensure items have added dust and moisture protection, wrap them in breathable material.
- Avoid rolling unframed works such as canvas paintings. Despite being an easier and cheaper technique, experts advise against it. If rolled up too long, it could have permanent creases and cracks in the paint. Wrap these in air and water-resistant material and secure them between sturdy foam or cardboard. Then, put it in a protective bag made from breathable material to prevent deterioration due to dust and moisture damage.
Safely Position Artwork Collections
The safest way to position artwork collections during storage depends on the medium. Read on to learn the proper techniques when handling a few specific works.
- To prevent damage, national and state park museums should place framed works in a standing position rather than one on top of the other. Pieces could collapse from the stress of their own weight if stacked.
- Unframed works can withstand stacking, but experts recommend storing these works in a standing position too.
- You can store small box or paper works in drawers but must check for termite and acid secretions first.
Documenting Artwork Collections
Everyone from national and state park museums to libraries, historical societies, airports, and more should document and photograph artwork collections in storage and on display. As an actual record, it serves as a good reference in an emergency or if a theft occurs. It can help streamline insurance claims if you need to file one. To simplify the process, create a spreadsheet with details about the works being stored and label everything accordingly.
Why Artwork Storage is Challenging
Artwork collection storage continues to challenge cultural centers around the world, including national and state park museums not as well known to the public. Many lack the space to store growing collections and only display about 5% of them at any time. The rest remains hidden in areas that the public cannot access, such as off-site facilities (which cost a pretty penny to rent). Needless to say, it can often place further strain on departmental budgets.
To compensate, museums mainly store paintings by hanging them from storage screens, placing them on shelves, or stacking them vertically. It’s more affordable and increases audiences’ exposure to displayed collections. What works best for you depends on the size and environment of your storage area.
Artwork Collection Storage Applications
Made from sanitary and durable construction, the artwork collection storage can accommodate more than national and state park museums. This includes airports, historical societies, and libraries that display artists’ work. All can depend on the versatile solutions to save space while keeping displayed art organized and safe.
Save Space with Artwork Collection Storage
Users can adapt many along or right to an empty wall to maximize underused space. Some span floor to ceiling to promote better vertical space use. Another occupies the entire perimeter to ensure optimal footprint efficiency. Others fit counter-high bases that require minimal use of the floor to accommodate static cabinets with a space-saving compact design.
Sanitary wire carts have the flexibility to relocate and save space in moments. Personnel then has safe access to the area and can reuse it to accommodate other productive activities. This includes wedding receptions, concerts, family-friendly programming and more. Other contemporary options such as pull-out racks retract in and out of the aisles to provide users more versatile space savings.
Artwork Collection Storage Types
Without efficient funding to expand existing footprints, staff must find creative ways to execute proper preservation practices within the available space. You can find some affordable artwork collection storage options safe enough to use in national and state park museums online. As efficient space-saving solutions, all can organize and protect rotating exhibits from deterioration, helping increase the lifespan. Read on to learn how the budget-friendly systems stack up against one another.
Wire Mesh Art Display Panels
Available in wall-mounted or freestanding configurations, wire mesh panels provide proper storage and easy viewing at the same time. Freestanding options allow users access to two screens with space to display more in the same footprint. It promotes better capacity efficiency while allowing patrons more visible access to collections. Systems with wall-mounting capabilities hang high off the floor to save space that facilities can reuse to accommodate more productive activities. All have a non-reactive solvent-free powder coat finish durable enough to protect pieces against environmental factors.
Configurations have a sturdy, perforated design that provides efficient and clean airflow to keep everything on display dust free. Freestanding options allow independent use to prevent interference with optional art hooks. Curators have more than enough space to organize and secure collections in the available footprint and save on storage costs. Patrons enjoy twice the visible access to rare pieces often hidden from public view, too.
Flat File Drawer Cabinets
Prevent damage from rolling or folding and store plan drawings, graphics, maps, drafting documents, blueprints, vellum sheets, and oversized documents by storing them in flat file cabinets. Closed compartments have no space in between one another, promoting maximum capacity usage within the available footprint. It looks cleaner and more organized while helping keep dust and more out.
Units are available with or without bases that have lower shelves to organize reference materials, helping simplify researchers’ work. Systems can accommodate optional components such as security key locks that provide efficient material tampering and theft protection. Label holders located on each drawer front help create instant organization.
Configurations have ergonomic pull handles that allow users easier access to stored collections, helping simplify viewing. Stack systems weighing up to 2,000 lbs onto mobile bases if needing to relocate them due to limited space availability. It frees up the area to accommodate more productive activities. Personnel avoids injury while moving the heavy loads elsewhere in a more efficient timeframe and can do more during the day.
Art Till Shelving
Art tills organize framed and unframed artwork and protect them from light, pests, and deterioration. Users can stack the durable systems up to two high to maximize underused vertical space. Units include adjustable dividers flexible and durable enough to protect stored works within the footprint. Users even have the option to remove the partitions if needing to create larger compartment widths. Models have a non-reactive solvent-free powder coating that safeguards items from harmful environmental factors. Systems’ open front provides efficient airflow to keep nonactive collections clean and in mint condition.
Framed Artwork Carts
With adjustable dividers, these mobile space-saving framed artwork carts allow safe storage and transport for paintings. Flexible partitions allow users to customize the available space based on collection needs and keep everything upright to prevent damage during transit. Units have all-welded wire shelves versatile enough to provide airflow, light penetration, and more to keep items clean and visible. Users have comfortable access to stored collections from the rear and front, helping prevent damage and ensure safe handling during retrieval.
Handlers can move the portable storage and everything it holds in moments to save space and simplify cleanup during exhibit rotation. Then, start redesigning the area to match new art installation themes and display stuff less often seen within the same footprint. Facilities expose audiences to more collections from within the available space and avoid an expensive expansion.
Pull-Out Art Racks
Pull-out art racks allow you to store artwork collections while saving space with retractable panels. The easy-to-install heavy-duty art racks anchor to floor without ceiling support. Units have a linear motion design that allows panels to slide out into aisles on an independent basis, leaving others undisturbed. Curators can hang works on each side during this time to ensure better space usage. Patrons must use the convenient and ergonomic pull handles if wanting visible access to collections on display. Staff can add extra panels in the future if needing more space to store growing collections. Screens have a sturdy perforated design that allows efficient airflow to keep everything from deteriorating during storage and while on public display.Works on Paper Shelving
Works on paper shelving accommodates Hollinger boxes, Solander cases, maps, boards, posters, and other flat works with non-gassing material that protects stored collections. Units include adjustable shelves that users can adapt vertically to ensure efficient space use while keeping everything safe and organized. You can even add hinged doors with key or electronic locks that protect works from theft, dust, and more. Stand the static configurations against an empty wall to maximize vertical space efficiency. All have an open front large enough to provide efficient airflow and preserve the stored items integrity.
Buy Artwork Collection Storage Online
Artwork collection storage units are available to buy online with free dock-to-dock shipping included. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Framed Artwork Storage Carts Safely Store Canvas & Paintings
Whether you’re a home collector or museum curator, you know the challenges that come with storing artwork and framed paintings in particular. Keeping them hung on the wall is ideal, but there are times when you have to store paintings or safely transport them to another location. Framed artwork storage carts on wheels are a simple and effective solution that keep your valuable collections protected, clean, and organized in less space than traditional shelving.
Because they are designed for painting storage, the cart’s commercial-grade chrome wire is durable and long-lasting. Adjustable shelves and dividers allow you to adjust its configuration to your needs. This means you can store multiple sizes of paintings in one cart to save space and organize. Since paintings have unique storage needs to promote preservation, the wire shelves are National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) approved. The wire construction also allows air circulation and prevents the accumulation of dust and dirt, which can cause extensive damage. Wire also allows light to pass through the shelves, which provides better visibility so users don’t have to remove the paintings to identify them. Lastly, the dividers keep paintings separated so they don’t lean against each other during storage or transport.
- Commercial-grade chrome wire construction
- 6’2″ high chrome posts (6’7″ with casters)
- All-welded wire shelves allow air circulation, light penetration for better visibility, and prevention of dust accumulation
- Shelves adjustable on 1″ centers
- 7″ high adjustable chrome dividers
- 5″ swivel non-marring casters (two casters have brakes)
- Assembles easily with a rubber mallet; no special tools required
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) approved
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Buy Framed Artwork Storage Carts Online
Framed artwork storage carts are available to buy online and ship within 5-10 days with free dock-to-dock shipping. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Artwork Storage & Display Panels
Artwork is delicate; improper storage and display could lead to damage and loss of these beautiful pieces. Art storage techniques need to take these risks into account while providing an adequate display for viewing. Artwork display panels and wire mesh screens are available in wall-mounted or freestanding configurations to meet both of these needs. Simply hook your framed art onto the mesh panel for easy, secure, and eco-friendly display. The display panels also keep paintings lifted off the floor and prevent direct contact with walls to enhance preservation and protection from floods or other damage.
Using panels also allows you to easily rotate your collections and can be placed almost anywhere without damaging your walls. And by using a combination of wall-mounted and freestanding panels, you can utilize your floor and wall storage space most effectively. For example, you could place the wall panels side by side on an empty wall or use the freestanding units for double-sided display in less space.
Due to their durability and flexibility, the art panels are a great solution for museums, galleries, libraries, art shows, and more. Because the panels are available in a variety of sizes, you can choose a solution that fits your exact needs.
- 10 gauge steel wire woven into 2″ x 1″ rectangular mesh
- Mesh securely welded to a 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ x 1/8″ steel angle frame
- 7/8″ x 3/4″ stiffeners welded to each panel frame (wider panels have two stiffeners)
- Emission-free powder coat paint finish on all components
- No off-gassing or volatile compounds ensure the protection and integrity of artwork
- Hanging artwork hooks and wall fasteners not included
Freestanding Wire Mesh Screens
- 16-gauge furniture grade steel 2″ wide frame with a screen on each side for double-sided display
- 36″ high 14-gauge freestanding steel gussets
- 16-gauge 1/2″ flat expanded steel panels
- Non-reactive solvent-free powder coating finish electrostatically applied
- No off-gassing of formaldehyde and organic acid
- Manufacturer’s limited 7 year warranty
Buy Artwork Display Panels Online
Artwork display panels are available to buy online with bulk discount options and free dock-to-dock shipping. If you need any assistance or just want some help picking the right solution for you, please call us at 1-855-786-7667.
Artwork & Painting Cubbies with Dividers
When it comes to storing valuable artwork and paintings, not just any type of shelving will do. Paintings need to be able to stay upright and protected from damage, dust, and corrosion, while also not taking up a lot of space. Framed artwork storage cubbies with steel partition dividers are the perfect solution for protecting, organizing, and storing art and paintings (framed or unframed) in less space.
The steel powder-coated, archival quality framed artwork storage cubbies uses a vertical design that saves space while storing and protecting your valuable art. The steel construction is durable with a non-off-gassing powder coat finish to guarantee long-lasting use that is ideal for museums, art galleries, art collection storage, and more. The partition dividers support the paintings upright, and the vertical construction takes up much less space than other storage solutions. An intermediate shelf between levels allows for double the amount of framed painting storage in a smaller area.
Additional features of the framed artwork storage cubbies include:
- Shelves are adjustable vertically on 1 ½” increments to meet your sizing requirements
- Each shelf rated to hold a minimum of 250 lbs with a total carrying weight of 1,500 lbs.
- Additional shelves can be added
- Available in widths of 30″, 36″, 42″, and 48″
- Adjustable intermediate shelf
- 6 gauge metal divider rods
- Rods are designed to be used in sets of fours from front to back
- 30″ wide shelves come with 16 rode; 36″ wide shelves come with 20 rods; 42″ wide shelves come with 24 rods; and 48″ wide shelves come with 28 rods
- 18 gauge heavy-duty steel closed uprights
- Two bottom 2 ¾” hugh kick plates designed to prevent objects from rolling under the unut
- Textured powder coat finish meets archival standards for no off-gassing
- Easy do-it-yourself construction
- Available in a variety of colors
- Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
- Made in the USA
Buy Framed Artwork Storage Cubbies Online
Artwork cubbies and shelves are available to buy online at our store and ship with easy do-it-yourself instructions. If you need additional information or just want some help with deciding which configuration would be right for you , call us at 1-855-786-7667.
If you are like most museums and galleries, the majority of your collection actually lives in storage. And that can be challenging when you have a large collection of framed paintings but very little space to store them in. There is also the added stress that very piece needs to be protected and safe from damage. That’s why we offer innovative pull-out art panel storage racks for hanging framed paintings. The pull-out art panel storage racks are designed to maximize every inch of storage space while keeping your valuable artwork safe and sound.
Benefits of the Pull-Out Art Panel Storage Racks
The pull-out art panel storage racks are freestanding, which makes them easy to install in any area of your museum or gallery storage room. The racks have five panels with heavy-duty braided mesh that allows you to hang your framed paintings on either side, keeping artwork safe and off the floor. Each panel can easily be pulled out from the rack without disturbing adjacent panels. And they roll out smoothly and quietly.
- Art panels pull-out from the rack using the normal egress aisle for access.
- Aluminum tubular and angle framework with steel wire mesh art panels.
- Brushed aluminum framework finish with silver/gray powder coat painted panels.
- Finished painted surfaces will not emit any chemical compounds or VOC’s into the air.
- Art rack frame includes leveling feet.
Find Our Pull-Out Art Panel Storage Racks Online
You can find these pull-out art panel storage racks for your artwork online at our store here. And if this isn’t the solution you need at your museum or gallery to store artwork, we have many other options that will all save space and keep artwork organized that you’ll find here. If you have any questions or would like to speak with a specialist, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.
StoreMoreStore is currently having a sale on all Wall Mounted Art Racks! The Wall Mounted Art Racks are a cost-effective solution for storing framed artwork in your museum. In addition, the racks can be used in galleries, libraries and even offices that want to display and store art. Shop online now for the best prices on all our Wall Mounted Art Racks!
Reasons to Use Wall Mounted Art Racks for Storing Framed Artwork
The main benefit to using Wall Mounted Art Racks is that framed paintings are lifted off the floor to keep them protected in case there is something like a flood of water in your storage area.
The Wall Mounted Art Racks help keep track of inventory because they keep framed paintings on display so that you can easily and quickly rotate your collection whenever needed. Also, storing framed paintings off the floor and mounted on a wall still gives you access to electrical outlets. Finally, using an empty wall as storage will save floor space.
- Woven wire mesh is 10 gauge (.135) steel wire, woven into 2″ x 1″ rectangular mesh
- Mesh is securely welded to a 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ x 1/8″ steel angle frame
- Panels have one 7/8″ x 3/4″ stiffener welded to the frame (wider panels have two stiffeners)
- Emission free powder coat paint finished applied to all components with no off gassing or volatiles to protect all artwork
Shop Now for the Sale Price on All Wall Mounted Art Racks!
The sale won’t last forever, so shop online now at StoreMoreStore for your Wall Mounted Art Racks! And if you have any questions or want to speak with a representative, give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.
A Variety of Art Storage Systems for Efficiently Storing Museum and Gallery Collections
Storing museum and gallery collections can be a challenge because you need to maximize space while keeping valuable artwork protected. At StoreMoreStore we offer a variety of Art Storage Systems that will meet your requirements and your budget. Each of our Art Storage Systems – Pull-out Art Racks, Adjustable Art Shelving, and Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels – has unique features for efficiently storing museum and gallery collections.
Pull-out Art Racks are designed to maximize space for storing museum and gallery collections. Each panel on the rack has heavy duty braided mesh to allow for hanging artwork on both sides. The Pull-out Art Racks anchor to the floor with no need for ceiling support, and the linear motion design helps each rack to slide in and out without disturbing the other racks. Because there are no access aisles in between each row, you will easily be able to increase your storage capacity in less space. Also, the Pull-out Art Racks slide smoothly and quietly, which makes them an excellent art storage system.
Art Storage System #2: Adjustable Art Shelving
Adjustable Art Shelving is a flexible and dependable art storage system. Each horizontal shelf can be adjusted up or down on 1 ½ inch increments so that each opening can be customized for storing you museum and gallery collection. In addition, the Adjustable Art Shelving has a powder coat paint finish that does not put off gases to ensure your collection will be protected long-term. Best of all, the Art Storage Shelves come with a lifetime warranty, which means these shelves are really made to last.
The standard Adjustable Art Shelving unit is 88 ¼ inches tall; however, any height from 48 to 121 inches is available. Each unit width is 12 inches across and depth options are 18, 24, 30, and 36 inches deep. Also, there are 13 different colors to choose from for your Adjustable Art Shelving to match any décor.
Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels are a cost-effective solution for storing museum and gallery collections. Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels can be put anywhere you need efficient museum gallery framed painting storage. One option is to have the Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels stacked on top of each other and placed side by side down a large empty wall. Then you can use hooks to effortlessly hang framed paintings.
The main benefit to using the Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels art storage system is that framed paintings are lifted off the floor to keep them protected in case there is something like a flood of water in your museum or gallery’s storage area. The Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels allow your museum gallery to keep framed paintings on display so that you can easily and quickly rotate your collection whenever needed. Also, storing framed paintings off the floor and mounted on a wall still gives you access to electrical outlets. Finally, using an empty wall as storage will save floor space in your museum gallery.
Shop Now for One Of Our Art Storage Systems for Your Museum or Gallery
You can buy all of our art storage systems online at StoreMoreStore. Shop now for Pull-out Art Racks, Adjustable Art Shelving, and Wall Mounted Hanging Art Panels, and if you need any help please give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.
A Hanging Artwork Storage System for Museums, Libraries, and Galleries
Are you looking for a hanging artwork storage system for your museum, library, or gallery? Pull-Out Art Panel Racks from StoreMoreStore offer the best protection for your artwork while saving valuable floor space. Each panel on the rack has heavy duty braided mesh to allow for hanging artwork on both sides. They anchor to the floor with no need for ceiling support, and the linear motion design helps each rack to slide in and out without disturbing the other racks. The Pull-Out Art Panel Racks are easy to install. Pull-Out Art Panel Racks slide smoothly and quietly, which makes them an excellent hanging artwork storage system for museums, libraries, and galleries.
Pull-Out Art Panel Racks Powder Coat Paint Finishes
Pull-Out Art Panel Racks has one of the best powder coat paint finishes in the industry. Our Green ISO 14001:2004 registered processes exceed current environmental standards, and our powder coat contains no ingredients banned by the Environmental Protection Agency. Our innovative reclamation technology reclaims unused powder and helps lead the way in the industry towards real green solutions. The Pull-Out Art Panel Racks finished surfaces will not emit any chemical compounds or VOC’s into the air during product use, which could harm people or stored artwork.
Pull-Out Art Panel Racks Features
- Pull-Out Art Panel Racks extend 100% from the storage footprint using the normal egress aisle to access hanging artwork.
- Additional Pull-Out Art Panel Racks units can be added whenever you need to increase the size of your hanging artwork storage system.
- The aluminum base construction offers greater strength, but with lighter weight for effortless operation.
- The panels are constructed from tubular steel with welded heavy duty braided wire mesh to ensure they remain strong and long-lasting.
- Pull-Out Art Panel Racks bases have air pistons to create a soft stop movement to protect hanging artwork.
- Wheels on the bases have maintenance free sealed roller bearings.
- The furniture quality powder coat paint finish on the Pull-Out Art Panel Racks is inert and non off-gassing.
- All Pull-Out Art Panel Racks include a leveling frame for easy leveling and quick installation.
- Customize the number of carriages to meet your exact hanging artwork storage system needs.
Shop Now for Pull-Out Art Panel Racks for Your Museum, Library, or Gallery
Shop online now at StoreMoreStore for Pull-Out Art Panel Racks for your museum, library, or gallery! If you want assistance or have any questions, please give us a call at 1-855-786-7667.
At StoreMoreStore, we want to make storing things easy for you. Storing framed artwork collections, photos, sculptures, etc can be a challenge because nothing is the same size and everything needs to be protected. This is why we offer Adjustable Art Storage Shelves that will easily house your artwork collection while keeping it safe.
Adjustable Art Storage Shelves are Flexible and Dependable
Each horizontal shelf can be adjusted up or down on 1 ½ inch increments so that each opening can be customized to meet your art storage requirements. In addition, the Adjustable Art Storage Shelves have a powder coat paint finish that does not put off gases to ensure your collection will be protected long-term. Best of all, the Art Storage Shelves come with a lifetime warranty, which means these shelves are really made to last.
Numerous Art Storage Shelves Sizes and Colors Available
The standard Art Storage Shelves unit is 88 ¼ inches tall; however, any height from 48 to 121 inches is available. Each unit width is 12 inches across and depth options are 18, 24, 30, and 36 inches deep. In addition, there are 13 different colors to choose from for your Adjustable Art Storage Shelves to match any décor.
• Flexibility to adjust the shelves up and down ensures that you can store any size artwork
• Powder coat paint finish that meets archival and museum quality standards with no off-gassing protects your collection
• Assembly only requires a rubber mallet and typically takes about 10 minutes per unit
• Each art storage shelf will hold 250 lbs of art x 3 adjustable levels, which means total the unit will hold 750 pounds
Shop Online Now for Adjustable Art Storage Shelves
You can find these Adjustable Art Storage Shelves online at StoreMoreStore. As always, if you have any questions give us a call at our toll free number 1-855-786-7667 or send us a message.